Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gay Plays

from the diary: “Sunday October 16 1988

“I stayed in most of the day again. Read a play from a collection called Gay Plays edited by Michael Wilcox. I’m not sure the title is appropriate.”

I don’t know which play I was reading. I presume I read all of them. The Claremont Branch has a copy of Gay Plays. I’ve seen it sitting on the shelf and thought, “I’ve read that, haven’t I?”

I went to grade school with a Mike Wilcox. Not the same, I’m sure.

One more paragraph from the diary:

“I leaned against one of the big lions under Nelson’s pedestal in Trafalgar Square, strolled down the mall to Buckingham Palace. I liked the fountain with its scowling men spitting water and clams likewise gushing. Looked through the gate at the man in the silly red suit. People live there?”

2 comments:

David Lee Ingersoll said...

Not people. Lizard monsters from the inner earth who drink the blood of children. David Icke said so.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I suspect the human race is not so lucky in its enemies. Mostly the worst we have to deal with is each other, and that's no picnic. Pack a few nasty nasty diseases and the occasional stampeding hippopotamus and you have it.

Still ... reptiles ... scaly, scampering, cold-eyed ...